Pages

Light of the Stereo

Light of the Stereo

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday Double Feature: Adele "Someone Like You" & Christina Perri "Jar Of Hearts"

Love makes you do crazy things. For me it's listening to Top 40 Radio and acknowledging February 14th is anything other than just another day on the calendar.
But almost four years ago that all changed. Before my wife and daughter were in my life, I hated Valentines Day so much I rallied to create a new holiday to counterbalance it and you'd be hard press to catch me listening to any radio station who's playlist consisted of popular artists, let alone any with a household name. Now a days I find myself lingering on the top 40 station even when my daughter isn't in the car.

So this Tuesday Double Feature I dedicate to my wonderful wife and daughter, for without their love I might not have found this wonderful music.

And for those of you that are dreading the hoopla of this crimson stained holiday, take comfort in the fact these are both great break-up songs.

Adele - "Someone Like You"




Having just won 6 awards at this years Grammy's you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in this world that hasn't heard this woman's amazing voice.

Christina Perri
- "Jar Of Heart"



Have gained recognition through the television show So You Think You Can Dance, Christina Perri got a well deserved boost to her career.

No comments:

Post a Comment